Today I’m going to share how you can go about making your own almond milk at home.
- Tea Infuser (like this one from David’s Tea) or a cheese cloth
- One Sturdy spoon
- Glass Container
- Unsalted Almonds
- Filtered Water
- Himalayan Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Agave Syrup
- Soak approximately 1 cup of almonds overnight. You can use sliced almonds, raw almonds, or roasted almonds as long as they’re unsalted
- If you’re using roasted almonds, rinse almonds and peel off the layer of skin (the milk will appear more creamy, but you can also skip this step)
- Add water
- OPTIONAL: Add dash of himalayan salt & vanilla extract. Sweeten to taste with agave syrup.
- Place tea infuser over a glass pitcher (ideally one with a small opening)
- Slowly pour the almond milk through the strainer and use your spoon to stir & press the almonds against the strainer to remove as much water as possible
Voila! Almond milk!
I’ll end up storing my milk in separate glass jars so that it’s easily accessible. You can also re-use the almond meal to make a second batch of almond milk. I find that it still tastes okay.